We urgently need more pet free foster carers and those with a spare room to separate
Realistically it is unlikely that society will return to any sort of normality for us to complete our usual adoption process any time soon.
We cannot keep cats indefinitely and need to start adopting cats out to make room for those in need.
After hours of talks, research and deliberation we have decided on a new temporary adoption procedure that protects our volunteers, adopters and cats as follows
1.Video interview with adopters to discuss adoption, see home, family and other pets
2. Google Street view check of location
3. Vet reference where applicable
'Meeting the cat'
1. Adopters to recieve a phone call from fosterer to discuss the individual cat
2. Pictures and videos of cat
3. Contactless drop off by a volunteer of the chosen cat once both sides are happy
1. Adopters must join adopters group
2. Follow up phone call 3-4 days post adoption to check all is well
3. Once restrictions lifted a member of the cats Whiskers team will do a post adoption visit to see how things are
For the time being we will only be adopting to those in the local (aylesbury) area.
Please bare with us at the moment as we try to implement new procedures.
Available cats will be posted to the facebook page and website as normal in coming days, please do not contact about cats who are not available to adopt yet
Your generous gift saves lives